According to the National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, only 42.4% of those aged 50 years and older have 21 or more teeth. As the median age increases in the U.S. and around the world, more and more people will have a need for dental implants and even full or partial dentures. If you’ve lost a number of teeth, dentures are a great way to gain full mouth functionality to live the life you want. Read more
42.4% of elderly people have 21 or more teeth in the U.S.
Cost of Dentures in the United States
The price for dentures can vary greatly in the United States, and it depends on several factors.
1. The type and size of the denture.The size of the jaw and the number of teeth missing can vary greatly from person to person. A denture that’s going to replace only a row of teeth missing on one side of the face will be much cheaper than one that’s going to replace all teeth.
2. The material of the denture. There have been great advances in denture materials. Newer materials are more discreet, longer lasting and comfortable. Unfortunately, they also tend to be more expensive.
3. The experience of the dentist.Not all dentists charge the same, and it follows that a more experienced dentist is usually more expensive than a one that’s been practicing for a shorter period of time. However, there are exceptions, especially in areas where the rich and the famous get their dental care.
4. Your location. Even if the dentist’s fees are the same in two cities, the total cost can still be higher because local costs, like rent and equipment are different. If you live in an expensive city, like New York City or San Francisco, you can expect to pay double or even more than you’d pay elsewhere.
That’s why it’s hard to give an average price for dentures. The simple truth is that dentures will be much less expensive in Mexico than in the United States. A leading area for dentures is Los Algodones, Mexico. To receive an estimate for dentures, we recommend that you contact one of the many dentists found in the Los Algodones Dental Guide. You can speak directly about your specific needs and wishes. Los Algodones is only 10 miles west of Yuma Arizona just south of the border.
How Teeth Are Lost
Most teeth are lost because of the following reasons:
- Periodontal disease.
- Tooth decay.
- Genetic defects.
- Trauma (accidents).
- The use of certain drugs.
How Dentures Work
It’s almost impossible to explain how the denture procedure works because each procedure depends on the needs and desires of the patient. A patient who requires a partial denture made with lower-cost materials will be different than a patient who requires a complete denture with the latest modern materials. In some cases, receiving dentures involves pulling out the few remaining natural teeth.
A phone consultation with one of the many English-speaking dentists in Los Algodones should give you an idea of what procedures will be involved in making your dentures, the cost and the amount of time or number of visits.
Benefits of Dentures
Dentures offer several advantages to people who have lost many of their teeth.
- Improved chewing
- Improved appearance
- Improved speech
- Improved self-esteem
If you’re interested in dentures, you may find many excellent choices in the Los Algodones Dental Guide. This guide includes bi-lingual dentists that perform at the same level as their American counterparts for a fraction of the price.
[sabai-directory category=”prosthodontists” sort=”reviews” map_height=”1000″ map_span=”5″ is_mile=”1″ perpage=”50″ grid_columns=”3″ hide_nav_views=”1″]