Do you have missing teeth? Is this causing problems with chewing or pain in your jaw? Does this keep you from smiling? Are you looking for a more permanent solution to bridges, partials or complete dentures? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then you are a candidate for dental implants.
A dental implant is an artificial root (usually made of titanium) that is used to replace the root a natural tooth. The implant, after being set in the bone by a skilled professional and given time to heal, acts as an anchor holding a replacement tooth (Crown), group of replacement teeth (Bridge) or permanent dentures in place. Read more
Advantages of Dental Implants:
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. You’ll forget you even have implants. No one will be able to tell the difference between your real teeth and implants!
- Improved Speech: Poor-fitting dentures cause your teeth to slip inside your mouth…making you mumble and slur words. With dental implants you can speak with complete confidence.
- Improved Chewing: Bad teeth and dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants allow you to eat with ease and comfort.
- Improved Self-esteem. Everyone feels better when they smile. With dental implants, you have an amazing new smile that you’ll want to show the world. You’ll look better and feel better…and everyone will notice the difference!
- With good care, many implants will last a lifetime-
The Dental Implant Process:
- The process begins with a review of your complete dental history, including x-rays, and then giving a thorough oral examination to make sure that you are ready a proper candidate and that you are ready for implants.
- The dental implant(s) is surgical placed into the bone by a specialist using a local anesthetic to minimize any pain. After the surgery, there is a healing period of approximately four months during which the implants fuse to the bone and become permanent…just like real teeth.
- After the healing period, the dentist attaches a post to the implant which then supports one tooth or a set of teeth. Again, local anesthesia is used and removes almost all pain from this step.
- During the last step, the implant specialist takes impressions that are used to make a new tooth that will attach to the post. When completed, one has mouth full of beautiful, natural looking and functional new teeth!
Dental Implantologists Directory
[sabai-directory category=”dental-implantologists” sort=”reviews” map_height=”1000″ map_span=”5″ is_mile=”1″ perpage=”50″ grid_columns=”3″ hide_nav_views=”1″]